Xbox One update error

I keep getting the same error message there was a problem with the update and my Xbox will not update. I have power cycled and reset but still no luck and now I can't use my Xbox without updating it. It begins downloading, gets to 3% then I get the error message.

I have the original Xbox One.

Error Code: xE0E8000F 0x00000000 0x90050005

EDIT: first i wanna say **** microsoft for thier lack of information and support i followed everything they said and it did nothing except erase everything from my xbox >:( i have lost everything. 

Second I SOLVED the issue with one simple fix: unenrolling my device from the xbox update preview. DO NOT RESET your xbox just sign in to the insider hub go to Settings > devices, click your xbox and click unenroll this should refresh your xbox and get rid of the update screen. Please reply with any questions i will gladly help.  

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello there @Yung Clay God, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully. I would like you to go through the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still receiving a black screen, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again. 

- Click on the "Bind" and "Eject" buttons at the same time after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the two buttons. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps". 

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

In case both troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution/offline-system-update

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best! 

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same exact issue. I had it about a week ago and i found an xbox insider post that said to do a hard reset. I did that and then i just kept spamming the update. It did the same thing 3% then it would get a little further each time. Finally it completed. 

Today it needed an update again. Same problem. I spammed it and eventually the update got downloaded and made it through verifying and then to the point of a restart, exceot when it restarted I was back at the beginning of the download again.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I alredy tried the preformentioned steps and they did not help

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks looks like im gonna give spamming a try and see if it will go through. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same error.  I kept selecting the update option and eventually the download would start.  When it got to step 2 verifying download it would complete and start to reboot. I could hear the console cycling power.  The console would reboot and the update process would start all over like nothing happened ( no step 3 applying update).  I keep selecting update and went through the process again and got through step 2.  This time when the console rebooted and the controller powered off, I powered up my controller and this time my console came on sooner and and went to step 3 and applied the update.  If you can get step 2 and the console reboots power on your controller. 

I had same issue today 1/27/2021 during the update, this time I had to make sure my wireless controller was connected with the cable to to my xbox to time when to power up the controller (there is a longer delay when just wireless is used). It seem like the xbox goes into a power cycle that does not complete the update and powering the controller at the right time when the xbox power light goes out forces the xbox to power up sooner and accept the update and goes into to step 3 to apply update.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The update still wont go through, it will get to the second step then the xbox will turn off and I'm back at square 1.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i solved the problem i posted the solution in the original post

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, I'm having the same problems but every time I complete the second step my Xbox turns off. Preventing me from completing my update entirely. I talked with support and I did everything they suggested too; all but hard reset (erasing everything), I factory reset mine but kept all my game and stuff. Is it possible to unenroll too???

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same, I wish there was a solution. I'm contemplating on just buying a PS5 and not even give Microsoft the satisfaction of upgrading to the Series X.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yes you can just sign into the insider hub on your pc and unenroll your xbox on there then once you start it back up it should go back to normal

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 12,511 Applies to: