Xbox one TV works without cable and with an over the air antenna

I highly recommend the Homeworx HW-150PVR from Amazon. HomeWorx HW-150PVR ATSC Digital TV Converter Box w/ Media Player & Recording PVR Function / HDMI Out I have a detailed review under 4 stars as to how to set it up with audio tv controls and all. It took me awhile to figure it out, but it now works great. You connect HDMI to Xbox then this Homeworx box. Then select Mediasonic as type of cable box. Generally works once you go back into settings, then re-pick type of cable box, and put in model, HW150PVR. It took me a couple tries to do it right (and pick channels and correct sound input from Homeworx remote) but it works great now!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Thats great but I only want to play games on my games console.

The fact that I have to have my console on when I just want to watch TV has totally turned me off using the One for passthru.

Thank you lisajill. Since OneGuide came to Canada I've been debating buying something to run our antenna through the Xbox. Another thread has mixed reviews of the HomeWorx HW-150PVR ATSC Digital TV Converter Box w/ Media Player & Recording PVR Function / HDMI Out - many got it working but many didn't. I'm getting close to going ahead and buying it to try my luck.

I need to turn the cable box on when I watch TV, so that totally turned me off using cable

tag.

Lisa, wondering if you are still having a solid experience using this device with the Xbox One? Are you able to use the One Guide and Kinect to change channels, pause etc.?

Anyone else pick this up for use with the Xbox One?