Xbox One - TV set-up issue leveraging Comcast/XFINITY HDMI DVR, "DVI Error"

I have set-up my Xbox One:

Cable box connected to Xbox One via HDMI.

Xbox One connected to Yamaha Tuner via HDMI

Tuner connected to Sharp TV via HDMI.

Issues:

• I get a "we have lost connection" error on the screen sometimes.
  • XFINITY DVR displays "DVI" error
  • When Television is shown, it is not filling the entire screen (black vertical bands on the left & right side"
  • When I speak "Volume Up" it turns it down, when I speak "Volume Down" it turns it up.

Looking for any ideas to help solve these issues as I am enjoying what I am able to do.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 113 Applies to:

I have similar set up.

(Time Warner) Cisco 8742HDC Set top > Xbox One > Pioneer VSX-42 > Sharp LED

I had the "We have lost connection" a couple times initially all I did was reseat the HDMI cable between set top and Xbox (on the Xbox end on mine made it work).  I had it happen again So I put a new HDMI cable in there and it is fine.

I don't know why this would help but the only place I have found DVI setting appears to be between Xbox and TV (or our case Xbox and our A/V Receiver).  Check that under settings.

• Say "Go to Settings"
  • Choose Display and Sound
  • Check that the TV Connection is set to Auto or HDMI.

I haven't played with Vol Up/Down yet. I'm using a Harmony Remote to control most of my A/V Receiver and DVR functions (so I can play back recorded TV).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had mine working fine and now all of a sudden I'm having this DVI glitch happening too.  I had to route my X-box directly to my HDMI #2 input on the back of my T.V. and bypass my Comcast Motorola Digital DVR cable box to make the issue go away.  Which sucks because now my T.V. isn't routed through my ONE console so I've lost all the cool functions.  I'm going to have to call Comcast and get this straightened out.  I had just sorted out the Wi-Fi issue with Comcast Wi-Fi and X-Box one and now this?? God I hate Comcast.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have experienced a very similar issue, and have found TWO fixes that are very easy.

1) Drop back to the dashboard (having the tv in the "active" window) and click Start>Quit

-when you restart the software, the problem should be resolved

If this does not fix the issue, the next step may work for you.

2) turn your XB1 Off (So that your TV, cable box, and audio receivers are all in "off mode") and UNPLUG YOUR XB1 from the back of the console. (It is important to note, that you should unplug directly from the back of the console, NOT the wall. The power supply light should change color.)

Wait 30-60 seconds and plug your console back in, wait for the power supply light to cycle white/orange/white then you are good to go.

If this does not work, let us know.

Sorry this didn't help.