Xbox One TV Control Issues

For the most part, controlling my TV with the X1 voice commands is working but I'm having a couple difficulties. Does anyone have a solution or suggestion to the following:

1) If my X1 is in standby and the TV is off, I can say Xbox On and the X1 turns on and turns the TV one. However, when I say Xbox Turn Off, it fails to turn off the TV.

2) If I say "Watch [channel name]" it often goes to the wrong channel. For example, I'll say CNBC and it will go to CMT (ok they are similar but one is four letters and the other is three so that should be enough of a clue) and if I don't say a channel fast enough it will always go to E #braindamage. At least it always seems to get ESPN right. I think this maybe is because they are on that shortcut menu that pops up on the right. It seems whenever X1 gets to the wrong channel it goes to one of those. Is there a way to clear that shortcut of all the channels I don't care for? When I go through the OneGuide and favorite all the channels I actually watch, it still keeps those stock channels in the shortcut menu.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

As for #1, I have the EXACT same issue. I have a 42" LG from Best Buy. Every voice command to control the TV works perfect except when I use Xbox, Turn Off the TV will not turn off. I am keeping my finger crossed it will be patched but not a huge deal, just annoying. I cannot speak for #2 as I don't have cable. You are not alone.

Same with me for #1. XBOX ON will turn on the XB, stereo, and TV. But XBOX OFF only shuts down the XB, leaving me to turn the stereo and TV off with a remote like some kind of cave man.

Can't answer 2nd point but as far as point 1,  have you guys had a look in settings? There's a menu in there somewhere (can't remember which) that lets you select what gets turned off/on

I have the opposite problem. "Xbox On" doesn't turn on the TV, but "Xbox, Turn Off" does.

It would be nice if we could use the channel number if we want to. Much easier for the voice recognition as well.

@Filthygoat, I agree, saying the number would be a useful plan b. Also, a lot more logic could be built into it and some learning. For example if I say CNBC and it thinks CMT and goes there, then I say CNBC again (with it still thinking CMT), it should realize it's already on that channel thus I must mean something else and select the next best match. Or it could let me tell it Wrong if it goes to the wrong channel.

@Camaro, I have an LG as well.

@WhosYaDaddy, thanks I'll check that out.

Also have you set-up your tv's make & model? That's also in settings under tv & one guide

When I did the originaly setup I did say manual for the TV but all it asked me was for the make I think. The test signals were all menu and volume commands and they all worked. Then it moved on to the Cable setup. I'll see if I can input more details in settings tonight.

Mine shuts off and turn on my TV and Dishnetwork receiver

check the settings... there is an option to turn off TV and receiver ....  it was not a default setting