Xbox one turns TV during shut down, but tv then turns back on.

My Xbox one powers every thing off when I tell it to turn off, but the TV will always cut back on, like it is getting another signal. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Aeryn! It could be that your Xbox is sending the signal for the correct brand of TV, but not exactly the right model. Some models require a "longer" button press for the power off signal, while others require the same quick press as a power-on. If your Kinect is sending the "long" power off signal, but your TV only requires a short flash, the TV could be seeing the signal twice, resulting in the extra power on cycle.

I would recommend trying to re-setup your Kinect TV controls, automatically first, and manually if that doesn't help. To get there, from the main dashboard, press Menu and go to Settings -> TV & OneGuide, then choose "Devices." From here, you should be able to run the automatic setup by choosing your TV brand and answering the onscreen prompts. If that doesn't help, there should be the option to set up manually instead.

Also, if you don't mind the extra button press, you could set it up like I have - I have to set mine to turn everything on, but NOT turn off the TV, because my monitor and TV are the same brand, so every time I would power down the system, my pc monitor shut down too!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.