Xbox One Turns Off Straight Away

Hi, basically ive just got my Xbox one, plugged everything in as it should and after pressing the power on, it makes the usual noise on start up then just turns off, i looked for similar issues on here and found that if you unplugged the power cord for a few seconds then put it back in it worked fine, which it did, and the xbox worked fine all day turning on an off.

after turning it off for the night when i came to use it the following morning it was doing the same as before, so i once again removed the power cord and after a few attempts it eventually worked, and for the past week now its hit an miss, the power brick light will be orange when switched off as it should, when it powers up it goes white as it should, but then decides to shut off. so im not sure if its the power supply thats faulty or if its the xbox its self, i have arranged for it go back to xbox for repair/replacement, but just wanted to pick the brains of everyone else if they could shed some light on the issue. 

Thanks, Ashley

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Ashley,

I'm dealing with the same issue.  I've had 3 different systems (ie 2 replacements sent) and they all had the same problem, so I'm pretty sure it is the power supply.  Like yours, there is no outward sign that the power supply is faulty, but I don't think I'd get 3 broken systems in a row.  I'm currently waiting on a replacement for my power supply

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

many thanks, yea i figured it had to be the power supply as when i managed to get my xbox to work, it worked without a hitch, well once i get my replacement i will know for sure i guess.

also if possible could you update if changing the power supply fixes your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

We have two XOs. One did this and the other was fine. I tried the power supply from the good system and still had power on problems. So I think it is console related. I exchanged the entire bad system (with it's original power supply) at the store and now all is good.

Sorry this didn't help.

okay thank you for the input hopefully my new box should be fine when it arrives

Sorry this didn't help.