Xbox One Turns Itself On

My Day One console keeps turning on by itself at random times. I do leave the kinect connected and have it on quick start up and have it set up to turn on my tv when its on. It usually happens in the middle of the night when im asleep which frustrates me because i am a light sleeper and wake up early so i dont appreciate seeing my bright tv screen light up at 2am every morning then again at 4am.  My room is dead quite and have even been awake when it has gone on randomly so i know for a fact its not hearing an Xbox On command. I know i could just unplug the power supply but i will forget to plug it back in and dont really want to do that since i use it almost every day for netflix. It has been doing this for a couple of weeks and is really beginning to get on my nerves so can anyone help me understand why it keeps turning itself on and how i could fix it (preferably without unplugging anything or taking of tv commands).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 710 Applies to:

I also experienced the same thing after August updates, i realized its a glitch in updates, for now i just put in power save mode, so that it wont switch on always and dont get on with Xbox on command but works with controller on. Lets wait if they come out with some fix.. :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your Xbox could be set to automatic downloads if it's set to instant on so could be checking for them and be the reason for it turning itself on at random times.

Like Kiranjd says, change it to energy saving mode and see how you get on.

This link gives more details:

support.xbox.com/.../system-update-overview

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.