Xbox one Turns itself On without input from me

Hi There,

I am looking for some assistance to an ongoing issue I have been having for the last month now.

My Xbox has its 'Instant On' Feature turned off, so the only way to power it up is to physically push a button, or use a controller to start it.

I have fully power cycled the console numerous times as well (I've done some brief reading on separate threads).

It appears to randomly turn itself on (not every night, but I would say 3 out of 7) overnight. Without any intervention from me.

Is there something faulty with my Xbox?

A good example is today. My console was off before I left for work (I pass through that room on my way out the door). When I came back (and I am the first one home) my console was on. Controllers are off and docked.

This has happened enough that I needed to make a post to see if someone knows of a resolution to this issue.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Same issue here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, KillerBeeTX! Sorry to see you are experiencing this as well. This thread is a little old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.