Xbox One to Windows 10 Streaming doesn't work - Please Help?

I am experiencing severe streaming issues with the Xbox One streaming to Windows 10 over my home network.  I'll try to explain.  In short, when I am sitting in front of my PC connected to the xbox it is so laggy I can't even navigate within the main Xbox menu, let alone play a game.  It is literally displaying 1 frame every 20-30 seconds. (Can also be up to a minute).

I can hear the sounds of the Xbox main window (or a game) when navigating (sometime in real time, but usually delayed).  I can't see what is happening as it happens.  Then after say 1 minute of this being stuck, it's as if everything "catches up" with it and the video plays all the frames that were missed during that time, looks like someone's pressed "Fast-forward lol".

• I can connect to my Xbox One fine, and power it on etc from the Windows 10 Xbox App.
  • I can run the streaming test on the Xbox App on Windows 10 and it suggests "High" quality".

My setup is as follows:

Lounge

• Xbox One, wired connection using premium 1m CAT6 ethernet cable into Virgin Broadband Superhub 2.0, which then is connected to Netgear 500mb Powerline Adaptors.

Upstairs

From powerline adaptor into my desktop PC (Windows 10, i5 3570k CPU, GTX Titan, 16GB RAM)

• Fresh install of Windows 10, fully updated.

The following may be irrelavent but this demonstrates that I am getting full connection to my router through my powerline adaptors homeplugs:

• My internet is Virgin 152mb (Speedtest.net result at time of posting is 162mb, (yes, 162mb) download and 12mb upload.
  • The application for my powerline adaptors at time of posting is reporting as 450mb, green light, all good.

I have checked:

• All the Xbox troubleshooting guides that are applicable to wired connections
  • Replaced ethernet cables with better ones (doing this made the built-in Xbox network-test speeds for my internet go from 98mbps to 140mbps which was cool)
  • Changed the streaming quality to "Low" and it still doesn't work.

I am thinking the weak point is gonna be the powerline adaptors but am confused as they are reporting as fully working (and fast) and everything else "networky" is absolutely fine in my home setup.

Has anyone got any more suggestions of things I could try or things that could be causing me these (first world) problems?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Can you test if the power line adapters are the problem by moving the pc in range of the router? (or running a long cable?)

Thanks for reply, I guess I'll try that later as a last resort.  I haven't got a long ethernet cable but I will try moving the PC later (it's huge and it will be a pain to do lol).

What are the specifications of your PC? They may not meet the minimum requirements

System requirements

To take advantage of Game Streaming you need:

Xbox One console: Game Streaming must be enabled in Settings.

Windows 10 PC: You must be signed in to the Xbox app with the same gamertag as on the Xbox One console.

Network connectivity: The Windows 10 PC and the Xbox One console must be on the same home network. Options:

Wired - Ethernet connection (recommended for both PC and Xbox One console)

Wireless - 802.11 N/AC wireless connection

For best performance, we recommend that your Windows 10 PC have:

At least 2 gigabytes of RAM

1.5-GHz CPU or faster

Network connection to your home network:

Best performance: Wired Ethernet connection

Good performance: Wireless – 5-GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point

Limited performance: Wireless – 2.4-GHz 802.11 N or 802.11 AC wireless access point

Note If a wired connection is not practical in your home due to the distance between your console and your home networking device, you can invest in either of two additional options that take advantage of the existing wiring in your home:

Powerline network adapters – these adapters allow you to use the existing electrical wiring of your home as a high-speed wired network.

MoCA (Multimedia over Coax) – these adapters allow you to use the existing coaxial cable wiring of your home as a high-speed wired network.

As I said in my post my PC is Windows 10, i5 3570k CPU, GTX Titan, 16GB RAM.

Anyway, I have resovled the issue by disabling Nvidia ShadowPlay, and now it works flawlessly.