Xbox One to Get BBC iPlayer

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Groundbreaking...

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason it isn't on the one at launch is that Microsoft are again trying to get it locked behind the Gold sub.

doesnt the xo have ie anyway?

Hardly surprising or ground breaking considering its on the current gen.

But will IE have flash?

@Don, it should do by now. Cant see any reason why it wouldnt be as good as on a phone/tablet

I'm not too fussed about BBC iPlayer. It usually always gives me a random buffer even though I have a fairly good connection, then restarts what ever I was watching lol.

As long as I have the ability to watch netflix and change my DNS settings all will be fine

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

But will IE have flash?

[/quote]doubt it.

-

Adobe have lost interest in console browsers, they tend to allow it only on pc's and apps

-

expect it to be HTML5

-

MS can't put it behind the sub as it's already paid for by the tv licence and would break uk law if they did that.

[quote user="Private Maximo"]MS can't put it behind the sub as it's already paid for by the tv licence and would break uk law if they did that.[/quote]That's why it took so long to come to the 360 though, they wanted it locked behind the Gold sub.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying it again or trying to put off the iPlayer app so they have something from BBC Worldwide (their commercial arm), which they can lock behind the Gold sub.