Xbox One ticking while disc is playing

My xbox one is making a buzzzing noise when I play Madden 25 in it.  When using any other feature is functions fine.  The buzzing noise is not as prominent as the loud disc drive clicking noises i've seen on youtube.  Is anyone else experiencing this buzzing noise?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is it a buzzing noise that kind of acts like an alarm clock? Where it is constant and the pattern seems intentional?

I wouldn't say the pattern is constant, but maybe you could say its sounds like an alarm clock.  I'll try to video it in a few minutes when the girl friend is done watching this episode on netflix.

Are you by any chance installing Madden while you play?

Installed it to about 50% then started playing, then stopped playing after I got to the main menu due to the noise, and played 4 online games last night after it was done downloading with the noise the entire time.  No marks on the disc, and it sound seems to be coming from the right half of the xbox one, but that might just be an illusion due to the vents on that side.

Ah ha! That's your answer mate. That is what the disc does when you play and install at the same time. Happened to me with Ryse. You shouldn't hear it any more when you reach 100% :-) Did you ever completely shut off your Madden after it was done downloading? Like press the menu button and hit quit game? Try that, then load it up again. Should be sorted.

Just checked on it, and its fully installed 12.5GB.  I've got an upside down video i'll upload to youtube.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy2O-ZtdF_w]

video is upside down, buzzing starts at :30-:35 after the disc is loaded(you can see the reflection on the xbox. As soon as i terminate the Madden 25 process the buzzing goes away.

What, your video output is upside down???

EDIT* Oh I see. I'll watch the video.

Haha, I was holding the iPhone the wrong way.

Hmmm. Since the disc shouldn't be spinning at all, I recommend you try re-installing the game (Damn, never thought I'd be saying that for Xbox) and this time, just to be safe, no playing until it's 100% installed.