Xbox One Tear Down

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I saw this a little while ago. Its interesting to note the HDD is a SATA 2.5 Drive. Wonder if you can switch it ?

^ exactly my question but im guessing it has custom firmware on the drive and like the 360 hard drives coded to prevent tampering. but theres always trial and error lol

I also found interesting it uses a SATA drive and just wonder how come they didn't just make it upgradeable like the PS4.

Probably to discourage opening the box up. MS is very finicky avout that for some reason

Probably so they can charge you $100 / £100 for a 750 gig 'upgrade' later next year more like...

well i know of one i probably will never use more than about 3/4 of the drive and we all have to realize the the OS is also on that drive so the storage will be less than 500GB

Added to the fact that a 500 gig hard drive will not format and give you 500 gig of free space either...

And there is a 6 gig mandatory update for Forza 5 also after you've installed the game.

Updates normally don't change space that much though. Most files are overwritten by the new ones.(unless of course your update has to contain a bunch of new stuff like maps,skins,etc)

Yeah, guess we won't really know till we get playing with the systems ourselves.