Xbox One stuck with a Black Screen

I'm a member of the Preview Dashboard and my console was working perfect earlier but since I booted it back up, the green animation start up begins and completes... but then after it, the whole screen is just black, there is no dashboard at all. BUT I can still see notifications pop up whilst the whole screen is black.

I've tried to hard reset numerous time ls as well as unplug my console from the mains and nothing seems to be helping my problem. I've left my console on for hours to see if it goes away and nothing.

Has anyone had this issue and solved it? Please I need help. I don't fancy losing time with my console while I'm off work.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 455 Applies to:
Answer

Hey guys. For those of you in the preview program, make sure you report this in the preview forums (forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx).

HippyS117, since you got past the black screen, you will want to create a new post, since your issue seems to be different. Make sure you not any error messages, or what happens when you try to start games.

For all, try turning the console off (if you can, go to Settings, Power, Turn Xbox off, or for those that can't load the dashboard, hold the Xbox logo on the front of the console for 10 seconds) and unplugging it for 5 minutes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.