Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Not available anywhere?

I actually preordered this item at Best Buy as a store pick up item. Only to find out, the item ended up being unavailable, no Best Buy stores have any, and it is out of stock for ordering now as well. My order with them is currently hanging in limbo pending details on when they will get more, if they will get more.

So I started looking around, at a lot of major retailers, such as walmart, kmart, target, etc. None of the retailers have them in any stores in my area, and none of them have them in stock to order online. Even the Microsoft store linked on the xbox product page for the adapter lists it as being out of stock.

Did Microsoft really fail to prepare enough of these for the products launch, or was there some sort of major breakdown on the supply of these to retailers? I'm kind of frustrated about it, as the cheap xbox headset that came with the console is actually quite painful for me to wear, and Titanfalls release is tomorrow. I really don't have the money to fork out on yet another expensive headset, when I have a few other good ones laying around, that I just need this adapter to use.

Question Info

Last updated September 7, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

My position is simple: No Titanfall for me until I can use chat with my A50s on my XBone. Furthermore, I've moved back to my 360 and PS3 for gaming. If Microsoft doesn't get off its duff and get the adapter out I'll be rethinking my PS4/XBone decision.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.