xbox one stereo headset adapter- mic not working

I'm using razed kraken pro's and they plug in using a 3.5 mm audio jack (the kind needed for the xbox one headset adapter), and i get great game audio but the mic will not work. i know its not the headset they work with my computer and my phone flawlessly, and according to the headset adapters support page my headphones should be working with it. i have read in other places that others are having the exact same problem with this pair of headphones and the headset adapter. also when ever i go into a party and try using the kinect for my mic it will work for about 1 minute and then will stop working unless i completely unplug the headset from the controller.

can anyone help me with my problem and before you ask yes i have updated my controller and yes i updated it with the headset plugged in.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 318 Applies to:

this just to me just now... after an hour on the phone with xbox support it appears its the adapter... i cant talk to my friends but i can hear them just fine... so you'll need to return it...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been having a similar issue with both the Xbox One stereo headset and the Titanfall Atlas headset. seems like if I unplug and plug back in eventually it will pick up. Really annoying. Same thing happens on two different controllers and two different adapters.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue with my Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones at first they worked fine then all of a sudden the mic quit working i found out later that really they shouldn't have worked at all...!!!

It's because the adapter and the headset your using are 2 different standards, the Adapter is CTIA while your Headset is OMTP there are CTIA to OMTP or OMPT to CTIA converters(either one will work) you can get from any Tech store RadioShack, BestBuy, etc. or online at Amazon or eBay.

This YouTube link better illustrates and explains what I'm talking about:

youtube.com/watch

Here's a link to the one I've got which costs me just under $6 after shipping:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=mp_s_a_1_3

Also if like me you have Actual Headphones(w/ a detachable cable)(NOT earbuds) such as Beats by Dr. Dre(any model) or other brand and want to use your Beats or other but want a better quality Mic that doesn't pick up cord russel or rubbing sounds from your clothing or skin because like many brands it has a cord with an in-line remote/Mic.... Below is a link to the other option I went with in this YouTube video showing what you'll need and how to use it, the items info is in the description. I got both items off of Amazon for $15.46 w/Free 2-day Shipping with a Free 30 day Trial membership to Amazon Prime, which is way more reasonable then buying the single dedicated use XBOX One Stereo Headset for $90

www.youtube.com/watch

I hope this helps everyone both options work flawlessly for me, I know I was extremely irritated trying to look up and find out what the problem was with my Headset Adapter because its very difficult to find the very little info out there as to why everyones Headset will work but not the Mic

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there BingDieseler86!

This thread is fairly old and the OP hasn't come back in a while, but we appreciate you offering the helpful tip to your fellow gamers! If you have any Xbox Support related questions, feel free to create a new thread with what you're experiencing. This way we can cater our support specifically to you! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.