Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter 3rd Party Headset Compatibility

Please read bellow about what support says of the current state of 3rd party headset compatibility. This explains many headsets not getting the mics to work, bad audio in chat, etc. Hope the fix it soon. Meanwhile I'll stare at me $30 paper weight.

Xbox Support Chat for case 1237936431

Ceazar: We do apologize to inform you that we checked the updates in our system, however, the list of the compatible headset is not yet uploaded, what we know that currently compatible 3rd party headsets are some model of the turtle beach headset.
Yamill: so all other headsets that did not launch today are out?
Ceazar: There is a possibility of that one, Yamill, however, rest assured that our Xbox engineers are already updating the system to make the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter be compatible for all 3rd party headset.
Yamill: wow
Ceazar: The Xbox One Stereo Headset and the  Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter are both new released accessories for Xbox One console and the system update for those accessories are not yet complete and once both system update will be completed you can already use 3rd party headset that you currently have.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Basically I have found that any headset that has the inline controlls like the SoulRepublic V10 and iPhone headphones DONT work for the mic. Audio is fine but the mic was a big reason i purchased this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox is really disappointing a lot of people right now, its clear that xbox one was rushed and unprepared they should really get their act together i called 3 times for support and they didn't even know what astros a40's were. xbox better fix this soon because this is a huge issue if they want to compete with sony

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.