Xbox One Stereo Headset Adaopter

Seriously! When are you going to adress the stereo headset adapter issues?
Am I the only one having crackling sound/sound drops (like milliseconds of no audio, almost like a connection issue) like constantly through this thing?
Not only did I buy the console for hundreds of dollars, I also bought an XBOX ONE SPECIFIC headset, with an XBOX ONE SPECIFIC adapter and the *** doesn't work.
I'm sorry, but I am really getting fed up with paying top dollar for broken things.

Please, share your experience with this thing so atleast I know I'm not in this ***-storm alone.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I am having the exact same problems.  It's getting ridiculous.  Does anyone from Microsoft actually read these forums?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yeah im having the same problem but mines worst, my headset doesnt even register when i talk anymore

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, the update was needed to even get sound through to the headset.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, So I've been on the line with Microsoft support pretty much all morning, and this is what it comes down to basically:

"Yes, that is correct Mikael. What happened is that some 3rd party accessories like the TurtleBeach Headset is actually not 100 percent will work on the console as the Xbox One console is a new device and most of our 3rd party accessories developer is still doing updates on their accessories so that we can make sure that the updates will fix some compatibility issues as well."

"Yes Mikael, what happened is that the system for the Headset from the Turtlebeach and Astro is not yet updated to support fully for Xbox One as the Xbox One has been launch just last month, many of the Headsets from this companies are for Xbox 360 but don't worry as they can update the firmware of these headsets to support Xbox One."

I hope Jackie knows what she's talking about, or she's going to get fired for trash-talking turtlebeach.

Sounds kinda silly that they sold me a $140 headset, specifically designed for Xbox One, that doesn't support xbox one..

Sorry this didn't help.

I and countless others are having this same problem. I bought the turtle beach x04's and had constant sound drops and static. The headphones work fine on an ipod/laptop etc but only have problems when using them on the xbone. Even if i use any other headphones on the xbone with the adaptor i still get the sound dropouts and static. I ended up returning the xo4's as it is a complete disgrace that we are having these issues and that they are yet to be resolved. The [roblem's lie with the headset adaptor and until this is patched we are going to keep experiencing these issues, what a joke.

Sorry this didn't help.