Xbox One squeaking controller issue

Ever since I got my Xbox One like a month ago, it came with this controller that squeaks whenever I hold on the right panel.

I've tried my best to ignore it, but it just keeps getting worse and worse.  I looked it up and apparently it's some sort of screw that's loose and that you need to take off the right panel to tighten it, but how do I do that?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Nobody?

I'm still wondering if taking off part of the controller to tighten the screw will void the warranty.  Is it a better idea to just get my controller replaced while it's under warranty, or can I fix it this way?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there WeavingQuasar62!

Sorry to hear about the controller issue! If the issue is continuing to occur, I recommend requesting a replacement through our Online Service center. If you run into any issues requesting a replacement, you can reach out to phone support for further assistance from our Contact Us page. Keep in mind, any sort of self-repair will void the warranty of your controller and any discussion of self repair is not allowed in the Support Forums. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.