xbox one smartglass beta

anyone else download it? its amazing. now i can control my whole DRV with my phone. I don't need my remote for anything anymore.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

>squeals with joy< OMG I cannot wait to get home to DL this.  \m/  ><  \m/

yeah its amazing. the remote looks just like my DVR remote. and works perfect. which is great becuase my DVR remote was dying.

I got the message about it, but when I go to the web address, there's nothing there. :(

I have it. The preview only works on Windows 8 devices, Windows Phone devices, and Android devices.

What’s new in this preview?

• OneGuide support is now built into the Xbox One SmartGlass app!Improved text input awareness – The keyboard in SmartGlass now displays any time the onscreen keyboard is displayed on the Xbox One console, to make text input easier.
    • View what’s on TV without interrupting what you’re doing on your Xbox One
    • Change TV channels on your Xbox One through OneGuide on SmartGlass
    • Find and favorite TV Channels
    • TV Universal Remote Control to control your Cable Box and TV
  • Compare achievements – Compare your achievements for a game against what your friend has completed (This feature is currently available only on the Windows Phone 8 and Android versions of the SmartGlass update preview, for now.)
  • Reorder your pins – Go to the Pins Hub in SmartGlass to drag and drop the order of your pins on the Xbox One console (This feature is currently available only on the Android version of the SmartGlass update preview, for now.)
  • Updated game clip view count – SmartGlass now properly increments the view count of your Game Clips that you watched (This feature is currently available only on the Android version of the SmartGlass update preview, for now.)

The Smartglass beta has been out for a month now. They even added the Activity feed to the main screen.

My problem is I only have Smartglass for Windows 8 PC, which isn't being supported with the new features right now... Android users appear to be the real lucky ones.

@24 really? i just got the message from XBL yesterday :(

@GG yeah i have a windows 7 laptop, an ipad, and an android galaxy note 3. I usually get access to anything. unless its windows 8 only. Also didn't MS give a free upgrade to 8.1 from 8?

^^ Yes the did give a free upgrade. I got an email about it a few weeks ago

Grabbed the 360 and One Smartglass apps last night, but I still have yet to have a play around with them.

Also missing from Goth's list of improvements are receiving Push notifications for when ypu receive messages and when friends come online. And the Activity feed being implemented into smartglass