Xbox one slow at times

I have combed websites all over the internet looking to see if this is an issue for anyone else. Sadly I haven't seen any so I just want to ask other xbox one owners. My xbox one sometimes seems a little bogged down on the home menu not to mention I cant access my friends list settings or any other apps. This doesn't seem to happen all the time though, I could turn it on and it would work perfectly then the next time I turn it on it wouldn't.

When I try to load up my friends list etc it looks like it is going to load up and then it just returns to the home menu. It will allow me to play games and when I am in a game I actually can't go back to the home menu unless I remove the disc from the tray. This obviously is not as serious as some problems I have read but its making me think that my console could be defective.

Is anybody else having similar problems or am I alone, or could it just be a minor server problem that Microsoft are in the process of fixing would love some feedback from other xbox one owners. Cheers people.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 12, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Best bet is contact support. Sounds like your average bugs though. I imagine they're working on bug fixes for most of the issues already.

I am literally just off the phone to support the guy was very helpful he walked me through how to open ports on my ISP. He explained that the home menu is very heavily reliant on the internet and that there are some bugs and glitches that need fixing and they are working as hard as they can to fix them. I have just opened the required ports now and I am going to test it out and see if there is any improvement.

I have had this lag issue a few times on the Home page, when moving from tile to tile. Its to do with all the tiles and info being created in realtime, and being pulled from the Net at times. It usualy clears itself over time. I'm sure it will be improved in future updates.

Yesterday I noticed my dashboard was sluggish.  Even pulling up my achievements took longer than normal.  I wonder if having my cable TV connected to the XB1 is causing this?

Its even starting to affect my games now too they will not load up they freeze now I am starting to think its a console fault

The console is basically a PC, and if you have it in "instant on" mode that means it only sleeps, it never turns off.  Same as a PC, it will need a full "reboot" aka pull the plug and power it back on every so often to refresh everything.  

I've had this happen a couple times now, and a complete power down and reboot fixes it.

That does work for me when I plug it out and reboot it but it solves the problem for about an hour at a time and then I am back where I started. It's crazy ha.

I have the same problem buts is extremely prominent in cod ghosts and bf4 though at the dashboard it can studded and wig out. Mine also will randomly dashboard me. I've tried all solutions almost sent it in but then I decided I will hold out

If your console is slowing down, you can perform a hard reset that clears the cache memory of your console (but will leave your game saves, profile settings, apps, etc. alone). To do so, just press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Then turn it back on. ;)

Also, why revive such an old thread?

Because it's annoying I've tried everything you name it