Approx. every hour, the screen turns black and sound drops from my Xbox One system. It happens in the middle of a game or movie, but the system keeps playing the game / movie in the background.
- Xbox One
- TV: Philips 32PFL5405H/5 TV, 1080p, plugged into HDMI port one (HDMI-CEC enabled).
- Nothing on HDMI-In
- I had to manually configure the TV on the Xbox One settings, as it did not automatically detect the TV by default (Philips is not in the list of manufacturers)
- The Xbox can now control the volume of the TV (e.g. via Kinect voice command 'Xbox Volume Up", etc.)
- When I switch on the Xbox, it does not take control of the TV - i.e.
- If the TV is Off, The TV switches on to the built-in TV tuner, not to Xbox One.
- If the TV is already switched on, the screen blinks but switches to the built-in TV Tuner, Xbox One does not become the displayed input.
- If the TV is on, and switched to the HDMI One input (with the Xbox connected), when I switch on the Xbox the TV screen refreshes the initial Xbox One graphic is displayed then the TV switches to the built-in TV Tuner.
Xbox Support had suggested the following article, but that was not relevant and did not resolve the issue. (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/live-tv/poor-video-performance)
If anyone has had similar issues, or been able to resolve the behaviour through changing screen resolution / colour depth, etc. I would appreciate any tips.
Many thanks in advance,