Xbox One returned poorly?

I sent out my Xbox One for service which was taken care of and sent back to me, however when I received it, it was not put back together correctly.  There was bits of tape all over it and the outer casing was not put back together correctly.  I took some pictures and went to the service chat option and explained what had happened.  I was asked if it was working and I said that it was and was told that there was really nothing to be done.  I guess I understand that because it is working, but it is a little annoying to not have my very expensive piece of machinery not treated with care... I wouldn't bring this up because it was working fine, but recently it has started to freeze about once a day and I am worried that it is connected.  Any help or advice from anyone would be very appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there!

Sorry to hear of your servoce experience.

In regards to support telling you that there is nothing to be done: that is entirely incorrect.

When you send your console in for repair, it has to be returned in one of two conditions:

- Same condition as it was sent (only if found to be working correctly)

OR

- Better condition (repaired or replacement [new] console).

Anything else is not acceptable.

I recommend you get back on to support here: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us and show them your thread here, with my reply, and don't take no for an answer, because if that is how your console has been returned, then it needs looking into and resolving to customer satisfaction.

Hope that helps!

-TheJackah; Xbox & Windows Insider. Xbox Ambassador. Web Developer & Designer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.