Xbox One replacement a week overdue

When I contacted Xbox support about my faulty Xbox One on November 24th, I was given service number and the assurance that my replacement Xbox One would be arriving within two days (and this was backed up via an email message).  A hold was also put on my credit card for the replacement amount.  Today it is a week overdue so I called Xbox support and was told that due to a "processing error" many of the replacements confirmed during the first three days after launch were "lost" somehow.  I was told that my new Xbox One should arrive by next Monday.

My problem isn't so much that my replacement unit was delayed, my problem is the lack of transparency and honesty by Microsoft.  Once the processing error was discovered I should have been notified immediately, particularly since a hold was placed on my credit card.  I was worried that maybe the replacement was stolen from my porch while I was at work and I would be held liable.

I shouldn't have had to put in a call to Microsoft because the onus was on them to contact me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Here my friend... forums.xbox.com/.../1630167.aspx ....Welcome home.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wow.  86 pages and counting.  Haha and thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was told by a service rep that Microsoft is in a delay state because they do not have enough units for everyone and that there is nothing they can do. Its funny, for support they hardly give you any support.

Sorry this didn't help.