Xbox One released on December 31st?

I was waiting for the Xbox One to convince me to buy it.
I want the Day One edition, but it's sold out EVERYWHERE. I waited way too long, but I know Walmart has been slowly releasing some Day One Editions. All which are being snatched up before I can even refresh my browser--which has been sitting on some pages, waiting.
Either way, the only other option for the Xbox One is the Standard edition.
BUT it says it'll be available on December 31st?
Before I rage, I want to make sure it's legit or Microsoft is just trying to hype everything up(as usual) and scare us into thinking we won't get the console the same day as everyone else.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Or perhaps it's online availability that the date is referring to? I dunno.

[quote user="aixnekko"]

I was waiting for the Xbox One to convince me to buy it.
I want the Day One edition, but it's sold out EVERYWHERE. I waited way too long, but I know Walmart has been slowly releasing some Day One Editions. All which are being snatched up before I can even refresh my browser--which has been sitting on some pages, waiting.
Either way, the only other option for the Xbox One is the Standard edition.
BUT it says it'll be available on December 31st?
Before I rage, I want to make sure it's legit or Microsoft is just trying to hype everything up(as usual) and scare us into thinking we won't get the console the same day as everyone else.

[/quote]The first round of xbox ones are pretty much bought up, and the Dec. 31st is more than likely the next time that they will have another shipment of consoles coming in.  

It seems to be that way. But I remember when I was pre-ordering for BO2 and they were sold out, but in the last weeks before the release they magically summoned more copies to the Internet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened in early November.

Will sell day one edition of x1 for $1000. I have it on reserve from Amazon. PM me if interested.... Never mind I really want to keep it...

Stores  should receive non reserved shipments before December 31st, just in small amounts after launch. I believe December 31st is just a place holder date.

Don't be mean. I'll karate chop that Xbox One out your hands so fast.

there will be SOME available on shelves on release date.... I would seriously goto your local store like Gamestop.. ask them to call you on the day of release if they have extras.... what about MS store.. are they sold out yet?

i cant wait to see what some of these are gonna sell for at launch lol. I am expecting them selling for over 1K when they come out.

I have two ordered for day one release!!! OH MY!!!!

I'm pretty sure that the Dec. 31st date is just a place holder and that more units will be available before then, but don't expect it to be a lot. I bet there will be a few units for sale the day of release on shelves, but probably only a handful.