Xbox One Recording Features

I'm the leader of a small gaming organization, we're planning on moving to Xbox One soon and I had a few questions about the recording features for the game. As I'm typically a P.C gamer so I'm used to these features being present on my computer but not over Xbox. 

1:Does the One record party chat

2:Is there a setting to record my face and game play at the same time with an overlay (jump scare games)

3:Does the "Record that" feature serve the above 2 purposes? 

4:Do you need a kinect to record or is it an internal feature. 

(I'll have more questions as the post develops but for now let's start with those.)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:
Answer

1. No, it does not record party chat. But there is an Xbox Feedback post that you can vote on to help this feature get attention: xbox.uservoice.com/.../6034404-game-dvr-captures-party-game-chat

2. No, you cannot record your face within a DVR clip. You can broadcast with Twitch and you have the option to broadcast your Kinect within the game window, so you could download the clip from Twitch to accomplish this. You also have the option of opening your game DVR clips in Upload Studio and adding a Kinect windows there as well.

3. See #2.

4. You do not need a Kinect to record. If you do not have a Kinect instead of saying "Xbox, record that" you'll simple double-tap the Xbox button on your control then press X to record.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.