Xbox One Randomly Turning off TV

I have a Samsung TV (UN46EH6000) and an Denon Receiver (AVR-E400 7.1). My Xbox One will randomly turn the TV off after a period of time (usually someplace between 1 and 3 hours). It leaves the Xbox and receiver on, but the TV turns off and there is a brief pause where there is no audio and then the audio comes back in (likely the receiver adapting to lack of video output).

I have isolated the problem to the Xbox, as if I connect my Comcast TV box directly to the TV and leave the TV on, I have not been able to reproduce the problem. It also does not happen if I connect the cable box directly to the Denon receiver--only when everything is routed through the Xbox. Also, this happens regardless to whether I am watching live TV, using Netflix, Xbox Music, etc.

When I turn the TV back on (via TV remote), everything works as intended for another 1-3 hours before the issue happens again, so it is doubtful that the TV is overheating, otherwise you would expect the frequency of "outages" to increase after the first without adequate time to cool down.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? It is quite annoying... When it happens in certain apps (Amazon Instant Video), it actually causes the video to stop playing and forget its location, causing you to have to fast-forward through all the content to your spot.

Thanks for any support on this issue!

-Dave

|

It shuts my Samsung and pioneer receiver off randomly as well here lately.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is it really off or is it also only a short blackscreen of the Signal?

I`ve a Problem with blackscreens for about 1-2 Seconds..

Perhaps you can compare it with my Problem.

The "Time-lag-Intervall" (repetitation) seems to be the same!!!

I also have it in 2-3 hours repetitions... I also have the cablebox in... but no audio reciever...

It will be great if you can do the set up without Audio Reciever to look if it still happens...

Or perhaps you can also comment my thread... when you think it is gonna be the same issue for the Problem... or could be the same reason..

I`ve reported it alot, but there was still no fix...

forums.xbox.com/.../1785207.aspx

Perhaps you can make it better in Settings DeviceControll and set the Picture Audio Settings not on autodetect..

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delay, but it does not appear to be the same as the black screen problem you experienced, Bhutankam. The TV is definitely turning off.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok i suggest you to try out some other "device-power" settings..

You can set some commands how it should turn on/off tv...  (on,off, toggle) may reconfig your setup from bottom to top, all components in your chain. Check if some sleeptimer or powersaving option are enabled.. also enter IR-code  also in xbox there is a setting for turning of after 1 hours??

So if it does not shutdown in middle of gameplay or could be one of these, check it..

Do also note which device where still running and which not....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2021 Views 3,976 Applies to: