Xbox One Random shutdown issues

So, I got the day one edition and for the pass couple of weeks it's been working perfectly fine, but recently, it's been randomly turning itself off. I'm talking about a full system shutdown were it won't power on. I have unplugged the power supply and plugged it back in to see if it works but it doesn't. What I do notice though is that when I do plug it back in I see the led light on the power supply turn white then orange and it would repeat itself two more times which is a total of three then remain orange after that. When it is remaining white I can hear a noise coming from the power supply and when I press the power on but on the console it makes the ping sound but the logo does turn white.The only way to turn the console back on is if I were to unplug it from the console and the outlet and let it sit for about an hour than it'll work fine. If my issue appears to be the console overheating, it doesn't make sense because their is a large vent on top of the console and the console nor the power supply is obstructed in anyway plus I haven't even put that much game time onto my XB1 than compared to the 360. I'm hoping it is just my power supply that it acting up because it can be easily replace compared to buying another $500 console.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Hey there Warden! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start off, here's a few questions/suggestions for you:

1. Is your console in a well ventilated area? How much room on each side of your console do you have?
  2. What are you doing when you experience these shutdown issues?
  3. Do you have someone (perhaps a friend/family member) with an Xbox One console that wouldn't mind letting you try their power supply unit with your console to see if that yields better results?
  4. Are you plugging your console into a power strip or surge protector? If so, try it directly into the outlet to see if that works better.

Hit us back and we'll be standing by to hear from you! ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Mine is shutting off as well, solid white light on the power supply, but everytime I try to play assassins creed or madden nfl 15 it shuts off, i cant turn my xbox one on from the controller anymore either, i have changed outlets 4 times, there is nothing surrounding my xbox, ive unplugged and plugged back in, i dont know what else to do

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm experiencing the same issues. My system was working fine for the first few weeks but when I start playing it today, it keeps shutting off. Every time I'm 5 minutes into the game the system will shut off. And there would be a few times when after it shuts off, I will turn it back on and it will shut off a second later. It will do this like 5 times until it turns completely on. I hardly was playing my Xbox one. I probably played it 10 times since I bought it.

Sorry this didn't help.