Xbox One "record that" 30 seconds forward or backwards??

like the title says. does this record the footage forward or backwards? I tried it in one of the Battlefield 4 match i was playing and it didn't record the "section" i wanted which I thought it was recording the "previous" 30 seconds?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Using the voice command "Xbox, record that" records the last 30 seconds of gameplay. Alternatively you can open the Game DVR by snapping it to the side and choose to record the future or up to the last 5 minutes of gameplay.

i love this feature

Wait wait.. when you snap DVR can't you only still go to the future 5 minutes, it doesn't just magically have the last 5 minutes right when you launch it.

[quote user="JRaff AEA"]

Wait wait.. when you snap DVR can't you only still go to the future 5 minutes, it doesn't just magically have the last 5 minutes right when you launch it.

[/quote]

It always has the last 5 minutes when using the DVR. As soon as you snap it, select End clip now and it should allow you to save the previous 30 seconds, 45 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes, or 5 minutes.

For future reference, the Xbox Help Menu, accessible from the dashboard by using the menu button, is a very useful resource for information such as this.