Xbox One "best experienced" with IPv6

After I read this, I immediately checked to see whether or not I can get IPv6. I'm all set now for Xbox One.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/168394-xbox-one-will-be-best-experienced-with-ipv6-how-do-you-get-ipv6-at-home-though

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Only one ISP does it here in the UK (I think)

The adoption of IPV6 in the states has been a slow one.  There are networks however that support it now, but it's not wide spread.  Just like with anything else, it's going to cost $$$ and companies are slow to implement due to cost.

Very interesting read, I will check my device once I get home to see if it has the option to use IPv6.

And for those of us who love games but don't necessarily know every aspect of their format, IPv6 would be...?

[quote user="IIFatalshockII"]

And for those of us who love games but don't necessarily know every aspect of their format, IPv6 would be...?

[/quote]

Internet Protocol Version 6.

Here's the wiki link if you want to read more:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6

Truth is most modern Internet enabled devices would run far better if IPv6 was implemented by more ISPs. The reason they don't is because these cable firms have their head stuck in the sand, or up another orifice or two. IPv4 has been creaking for sometime now, and the slow pace of IPv6 adoption will indeed be a stumbling block, of sorts, for both next-gen systems. Perhaps with both Sony's and Microsoft's plans with the two of them pushing they can convince ISPs to speed thing up a little. Here's hoping.

Is basically the address system everyone knows 192.168.10.0 for example the new address system will be more like cdba:9abc:5678:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff not sure if the protocols have changed to be faster.

does virgin media do this im on there new super hub 2

anyone know if Comcast (Xfinity) offers this?

[quote user="M I KoBrA I K"]

anyone know if Comcast (Xfinity) offers this?

[/quote]

+1

Can it be researched?