Xbox One PSU Died. Still waiting for unit for nearly 1 month.

I sent off my PSU on 12/21.  Called MS last week for a status.  They said the Service request I sent 'had an issue' and had to be re-done. 
 This process had a 7 day SLA to determine what would actually be done about the PSU.  Tomorrow is day 7.  I have heard nothing from support, nor do I have an
an alternate means of powering my Xbox One.  This power failure occurred less than 24 hours after my purchase of the console.
While I'm generally satisfied with the level of customer service the phone and online representatives provide, I do realize that they can only take this issue so far.  I
shouldn't have to waste their time constantly checking for a 'status' regarding my service request, nor should they have to continue apologizing for something beyond their control.
Here are my questions:
1.  What's keeping service requests from being fulfilled in a timely manner for this part?
2. Is there a 3rd party alternate PSU that can be recommended?
3.  Is there any real idea as to when you'll be able to fulfill requests for PSUs?
I would like to stress that I've been waiting for this replacement LONGER than the time I've actually had the console available for use.  If anyone can shed light on what's going on,
I'd appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

My PSU died on Dec 22 and I am still waiting for a replacement also.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.