xbox one promotion complaint

I have been with xbox and xbox live for over ten years. It can be looked up on my gamertag. I have renewed my gold each and every year. So when one of my friends is receiving an xbox one console and has only been with the company for 6 years it really upsets me and makes me wonder if you really do care about loyalty at all. He has a lower gamerscore than showing that I have purchased more games over time. I would really like to know why I am being skipped over these promotions after being with the company for all these years. I was also skipped over for the xbox live turns 10 xbox. If someone says its random than why do state its based off loyalty in the email. If thats the case the it makes no sense that again, I am not receiving these promotions. I would think with new consoles out microsoft would want people like me to spread the word about the console when it comes out, but I am not feeling like microsoft cares about loyal customers like me when less loyal costumers are being rewarded.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is not a support issue. I am sorry you feel you were passed over. You should try posting in one of the feedback forums forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Totally agree with you.

If it's random why state their 'important players'?

Still, you'll get no answers from MS.

I feel the same. Gold member for almost 9 years. Gamerscore over 76k. Over 200 full arcade games purchased, around the same number of retail games. Countless DLC packs for said games purchased too. Yet I'm not good enough for a $20 voucher to get the Killer Instinct characters on Xbox One? Definitely feeling upset right now.

my gripe which has made me feel offended is that dedication & value were brought into play yet the way the stuff was given out was totally random and didnt concern these things.

Personally i feel a annoyed that my dedication & value of being a fan after so long has been questioned.

the give away or popularity contest as it feels was worded & gone about in the wrong manner.

There is more to do with it than what you are seeing. It has to do with downloading full games at full retail. It's about how much money you have spent not the amount of games played and discount games bought. Plus other factors.

Microsoft has released a statement saying it was based on Gamerscore, Tenure and other factors. I honestly believe it was just a lucky draw thing as someone with 2400 Gs received a console. It sucks we couldnt all win, but life goes on. Now back to gaming

Obviously there was a random element to it as well. Maybe having a higher gamerscore/tenure gave you more "tickets" in the lottery?

I would have loved some free stuff (who doesn't?), but I wasn't expecting anything, so I can't really be mad.

As said above it is a lottery at the end of the day. It's best to expect nothing and not get your hopes up, rather enjoy what you already have and see anything else as a nice bonus.

[quote user="Supraturismo"]

As said above it is a lottery at the end of the day. It's best to expect nothing and not get your hopes up, rather enjoy what you already have and see anything else as a nice bonus.

[/quote]

Yeah. I cant see being made over something I didnt get, when I didnt know I had a chance of getting it randomly. Every week I play the Mega Millions and Powerball but dont get all upset that I didnt win a random lottery. I dont get on the powerball forums to complain that I should have won 

Its obviously a good thing for those who won ,and i actually feel happy for those people ..No hard feelings ,but i will bring up one point that was made in another thread about this ,,if people who pre ordered months ago are somehow not getting the one on Nov.22nd because of a shortage and people who are getting the free one do get one ,now that could be a problem