XBOX ONE Preview program. Problem acknowledging profile/Being able to access any games or apps.

As of downloading the new Dashboard experience update I had a great amount of trouble using my console.

No games were working, it said I was signed in though everything else said otherwise. The top left of the dashboard (where your profile pick is) has some messed up text. Basically instead of 'Sign in/Manage accounts, it has most of the letters as either symbols similar to the original or with for example: ğ/ā or even ones I've never seen before.

Basically it leads me to believe there's a pretty huge glitch on that side of things.

I've managed to figure out a work around until the code guys get to fixing. 

Step 1: Go to Settings > All Settings > Account > Remove Account. Delete your account from the Xbox One.

Step 2: Turn off your Xbox. Hard turn off pretty much. All the way.

Step 3: Turn your Xbox back on and redownload your profile.

As much as a pain as this is you will have to do it every time you turn on your xbox unless you want to delete your profile every time before you turn it off. It works for me and hopefully it'll help people to get using their xbox until the issue is fixed.

Can't moan too much about it, we all knew what we signed up for ;) hope this helps! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:
Answer

Hey, everyone! You should all have access to the Update Preview Forums (except for you, grizzly scar, I wasn't able to confirm that this gamertag is in the preview program). If you have issues accessing that link, please send me a private message so that I can look into it further. If any of you have further issues with the program, be sure to submit feedback through your console if you can. Then check out the forums for known issues or solutions to issues you may be running into. Thanks for understanding!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.