XBox One Power Outage

I have this problem with my xbox one that has just happened today where the power just went as I was watching something on the Netflix app - it made a 'pop' noise before powering down

- first I thought it was the fuse, I changed that but it has made no difference.

- I've now tried the power supply reset but the odd thing is that although the orange standby light stays on while plugged into the wall socket as soon as I actually plug it into the xbox one it suddenly goes off

- it makes no sense to a layman like me - anyone help ?!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

This sounds as if it is a console failure.  The troubleshooting steps to follow are support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help OneSmellyFoot but that was one of the first pages I went to and none of the trouble shooting steps helped - I tried all of them that were appropriate.

I'd order a replacement but for some reason Support keeps stopping me from registering my xbox one saying 'an error occurred, please try again' which I have done countless times and still isn't working!!

I've only had the console no more than 6 months and it's already become a useless, over priced plastic black box :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi GhostCritic, 

Sorry you're having problems with your power supply. No LED as you stated generally means there is an issue with the console or power supply. If it's at all possible to test your console at a friends house I would do that to make sure it's not your console. That said, if you've tried all the steps and it's not working you very well may need a power supply. If you cannot order online, try a different web browser. If it's still not working then hit up Official Support Chat (not ambassador) and then have them put the request in for you. I've also listed the link for you to do the exchange of your power supply. 

https://myservice.xbox.com 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.