Xbox One power cord?

A quick question to the owners of the Xbox One:

Considering about importing an X1, but if I import one from the UK, I'm gonna need an adapter or a different kind of power cable.

I understand the Xbox One has a detachable power cord on that end of the power brick that goes to the wall outlet? Is it the usual type D-kinda plug that fe. desktop PC PSUs and many monitors use? Such as in this picture:

http://www.advancetec.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1250x1250/b65b7106e6199ae52d7f08f5a5033ae0/c/4/c4347_-_2m_uk_power_cable_kettle_lead_type_moulded_with_uk_plug_suitable_for_psu_s_bs_approved_c13_ie.jpg

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 544 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's a 2 pin connection, unlike a standard PC "kettle lead" which is 3 pin.

Any chance for a picture if possible?

Hi Coreldan, this link may be of some use to you:

support.xbox.com/.../about-power-supply

I also stumbled upon that one but it wasn't much of a help. The socket appears to be the similar kind of "D-shaped socket" than in the picture I linked but with just 2 pins. I wonder if such cables are somewhat of a standard outside the Xbox One?

What country are you going to be using it in?

As in the US is 100-127V while EU is 200-240V. Both are 12A * 17.9V = 215W.

Might be a whole new power supply unit rather than just a lead change.

I obviously wouldn't import it from the US :P

If I'd get one from UK, I would need the lead change, if I got one from Germany, it would work as it is.. What is drawing me towards UK is easier to handle possibly warranty-things. Typically when you ask a german MS rep if they can speak english, they just keep writing in german lol.

Your probably going to need the adaptor otherwise you could ruin the powerbrick.  

Yeah.. I would prefer to not use an adapter, as I don't really count on them for long term use of expensive electronics :P That's why I'd rather just get a "local" cable for it, but damn MS decided to go with some random propretiary cable, even if I have a feeling that a normal kettle lead cable would work just fine and cause no problems, but I'm not gonna try it, fry my console and void warranty :D

Your best bet would probably be to contact your local support, explain your situation and see of they will give you the option of buying a whole power brick suitable for your location. That way you know you've got the right bits.