Xbox One Play and Charge Kit - Flimsy Cable!

Hi, this is more of a request than a question, and I would like anybody else who feels the same way to chime in.

The official Microsoft Play and Charge Kit for Xbox One has a cable that is way too flimsy and easily breakable.
The kit itself is great. I love the battery pack and I love that cable connects via micro usb which is a common connection method. But the cable is so flimsy that I have now been through THREE of them, each one breaking way too easily. Two of them only lasted two weeks before they broke. I have not misused them and I sit pretty close to the console meaning there is more than enough slack so I'm not tugging on the wire. The micro usb connection also moves around too easily while it is connected to the controller. I have two controllers so it is not a controller issue.

I prefer to buy official Microsoft accessories because I don't trust the cheaper alternatives (due to bad experiences with third party accessories in the past), so the least you could do is deliver the high quality that we expect. I would like to request that you beef up the cable so the wire inside doesn't break so easily.

Thanks, Craig

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

know what u mean with those cables if its any consolation try to get your hands on those powerwave 5m ps4 charging cables as they are also commonly using microusb, the cables are more sturdy there

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hey there Deliverannce77 sorry to hear about your cables breaking, the best place for requests like this are at Xbox feedback https://xbox.uservoice.com I hope this helps and as my cat chewed my cable I hope they can make them less tasty to our feline friends too Lol :D

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.