XBOX ONE occasionally stops responding to selective INPUT from any kind of control device

I just had a rather unusual problem last night, my XBOX ONE stopped responding to A button commands.

Further troubleshooting revealed that the issue carried over to SmartGlass control input from my phone.  I could use the sticks or the bumpers, even the home or menu buttons, but the A button just wouldn't respond.  Rather, let me more specific.  I could see that the xbox was registering the button presses because onscreen buttons would animate as if they were being depressed, but nothing would happen.  Of course the A button had to be the most used to button so, my console was effectively useless. It happened to occur just as I was selling my family on getting a console of their own.  They just might get one now..after they stop laughing at me.

Anyone else experience a similar problem?  Based on the behaviour, this appears to be an issue on the console and not with the controls since it was affecting devices that use different communication methods.

A hard shutdown fixed this problem, but I've had similar issues in the past that I'm now wondering if this is an ongoing bug that might have been introduced in a recent dash update or maybe has been there from the beginning and I'm just now being affected.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

If you have access to the beta forum. Post it there. Because the programing team for dashboard update gose there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No access to the BETA forum. Can you post it for me if you have access.

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having the same issue .. its annoying

Sorry this didn't help.

If you very lightly depress the A button, and slowly move it around, as if it was a joy stick, it will go into a game, and if you return to the menu, it should work as normal. While you hold the button down, it will respond as if you have a rapid fire controller when this issue arrives. Reseting the console and/or unplugging it doesn't solve the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there aNgryman99,

This thread is fairly old and the OP hasn't posted back in a while, so I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you've already tried. That way we can cater our support specifically to you! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.