less privately owned DVR: -$150

= $200 = price of NES circa 1985.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ummmmm  OK...  thank you for wasting a small bit of the internet to type this...   because of this.. a mosquito has died.... good going

not sure what you mean. I and many others think this is big news.

less privately owned DVR: -$150

What does that even mean?

$200 in 1985...In 2015 with inflation that's around $430.

MS just announced that X1 will have DVR capability in 2016.  DVR is the ability to record TV shows. You can either buy a DVR device (like Tivo) for about $150 or pay cable $10 a month. So, now you get this for free. I just tried to lower my cable bill and noticed this. If you currently pay for DVR, then it really is a check for $150 from MS.

People still use DVR?

Just about every program can be streamed on demand whenever you like basically making DVR a thing of the past.

Hang on a minute there Wheels. You still need your cable box to watch TV as it connects to your xbox One to enable the one guide & DVR.

Without out your DVR from your cable company, you ain't going got be able to watch TV. In other words, your xbox one is not going to replace your cable company.

huh

I'm not claiming it gets rid of cable (although I really hope this is the direction they are going). Yes, you still need a cable box to watch cable tv.  But, the cable company charges you $10 a month more for the a special DVR box that records.

I'm not a MS fanboy, I am someone who was paying waaay too much for cable and saw this announcement.  There are many, many like people who pay for DVR service and to them this really is a big deal.

My guess is that the reason why they charge you the 10 bucks if probably for the rental fee for the box. I would ask your cable company or check your account online if you can pay the rest of your cable box now to get rid of the 10 dollar fee.