Xbox one now £350 at maplin's

Apology in advance as im going to be very blunt in this forum thread.

I paid £430 for my xbox one only 3/4 months ago and I had pre ordered Titanfall at £45 thats £475 for somthing you can get from an online retailer at the moment for £370. Thats over £100 difference in less 4 months..

To make matters worse Maplin's in the UK are now offering the console for £349. 

Am I the only one who feels completely shafted by microsoft?

They cant even get the games to run correctly and the chances are they never will be able to due to the architecture in the xbox one.

Titanfall use's the same engine as half life (albeit a modified version) and it still cant run correctly. Framerates are awful textures are ludicrously bad.

Oh yeah and the party chat still dont work properly,  took me and a friend on 3 occasions over 30 minutes a time to get in the same lobby.

We as early adapters of this platform need some sort of compensation from microsoft. 2 free games and decent ones, ryse/forza/assasins creed to even start considering staying with the xbox one.

Im so upset at this point that I am seriously thinking about washing my hands with microsoft and swapping it for a Ps4

Mod Edited

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is it like a "Slap in the Face"?

Peace, J.R.

If Maplin want to take a cut in profit that's nothing to do with MS

Yeah, Maplin's discounts have no affiliation with MS at all, they're literally just taking money from their assets to sell more of them, therefore generating more money in the space of say a month than they would have before. That's simple business... a lot of people should start learning this.

To ask for "2 free games and decent ones, ryse/forza/assasins creed to even start considering staying with the xbox one" is ridiculous and I'm sure that if you tell them that, they'll be happy for you to leave.

Yay! Another self entitlement thread!

I doubt that Maplin are taking a cut, they are still making a profit as they buy it in bulk. The company I work for buy appliances in bulk so what they sell for £800-£1200 they buy in at £40 each.

Of course they're still making a profit, just less of a profit.

I'm pretty sure MS wouldn't care if you switched to PS4... they already got your money. It has been said over and over in the countless other threads on this subject, this is the price you pay for being a early / day one adopter.

-They cant even get the games to run correctly and the chances are they never will be able to due to the architecture in the xbox one.

-Im so upset at this point that I am seriously thinking about washing my hands with microsoft and swapping it for a Ps4

They'll never be able to get it to run properly because of the architecture. Okay then. And by all means, go get a PS4. I'm sick to death of people thinking they are owed things because they bought early. This isn't Dragon's Den. We are not investors.

Im not here to argue with anyone as arguing online in about as useful as brushing your hair with toast.

simple fact is you are getting hurt and from the sounds of it you dont even realise.

and if it comes to it I will move on to a different machine. Microsoft will suffer because they make there money of people like me and you. If were not here they dont get money, a simple thing like voting with your wallet makes a huge difference.  If they didnt think that they would not have retracted the DRM, they woupd not have discounted the console.. they are on there *** and need to do all they can to keep people like me. People who are at an age were we can afford to buy as many games a year as we want when we want. Not the little kid who needs to ask there parents for a game.. simple..

Mod Edited

I am owed something.. im owed what was promised. A next gen machine with next gen capabilities.