Xbox One not turning on

Hi, so I haven't really played my Xbox too much recently and as a result, it's been unplugged. Well yesterday, I went to plug it in and it was fine, I got the normal orange light on the transformer power brick thing. I then plugged it into the back of my xbox and when I went to turn the Xbox on (by hitting the little X button on the front), it wouldn't turn on. Like nothing was registering from the device at all. So I unplugged it all and did it again, thinking maybe it was because I didn't have something plugged in right. Same thing happened.

So I moved to a different outlet, thinking it was my power strip. When I plugged in the power box thing this time, the light was white like the system was running, even though I had not even plugged it into the back of the console. And again, when I plugged it into the back of the console, I did not get a response from the Xbox.

I don't really have any idea what is wrong with it or how to fix it. Anyone else experience anything similar to this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 65 Applies to:

Hi LAxgoalie,

I'm sorry to hear about your challenges turning on your Xbox One. Can you please confirm that prior to the issue, the Xbox One was unplugged? Additionally, have you tried a second power adapter for the Xbox One? In many cases, if the power adapter goes into a "trouble" mode, it will glow orange similar to when the Xbox is not on.

Thanks

~Iwata

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried turning it on with the controller or just the button on the front of the console?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did plug it directly into a wall outlet. It didn't change the color of the transformer box or my ability to turn it on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear it.  Can you please try plugging it directly in to a wall socket to see if that helps?  The plug for the Xbox One consoles has a built in surge protector so using it in a power bar may not provide enough power to run the console.

Sorry this didn't help.