Xbox One not turning on - Turning on Noise plays - Power Brick goes from White to Orange when trying to turn the Xbox on

When I try turning on my console it just makes the noise but doesn't turn on, neither does the Xbox icon (where you tap to turn it on - it's not lighting up).

The power brick light is initially white when I plug it to a power source, but about 5 seconds later, after I plug it to my Xbox, it turns back to orange, and continues repeating this for about 4 or 5 times, from white, then 5 seconds, orange, 5 seconds, white... Until it finally stays orange.

While it's orange and I try tapping the Xbox power button nothing happens, but if I do tap it while the white light is on the Xbox plays it's turning on sound but doesn't actually turns on, and the power brick light quickly turns orange again.

I been trying to register my Xbox to the warranty service over here on xbox.com, since I'm still in the warranty period, but it asks me for the console's serial number and  I have no idea how I  can get that, as the console is not turning on.

Anyone knows if there's a way to fix this, or, if there is another way I can find my serial number to call for warranty? I still have all my warranty papers here, so I'm not sure if I have to register my console after all.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:
Answer

Hey, there are a few videos on youtube as well as the support over here on Xbox.com. If none of the tips work for you your last resource is calling Microsoft support (just be sure to never ever try fixing your console by opening it, as you'll have to take the warranty sticker off, and so you'll lose your warranty).

After trying everything I was forced to call for Microsoft support as I was still on the warranty period. They'll try fixing it or sending a new one :).

Good luck, mate, if nothing works out, try giving them a call.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.