Xbox one not displaying on my T.V.

After performing a power cycle on my Xbox one i no longer can load the dashboard.  The green splash screen displays as normal but instead of loading the dashboard the screen remains blank.  The only change to my console recently is the installation of the Gear of War beta.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi SweetNsoursawz, 

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox not booting up all the way! The first thing to try is a hard reset. To do this, with the Xbox on hold the power button down for around 10 seconds. The Xbox will quickly shut off. After doing that, power it back on and expect a longer boot time. 

If that doesn't work try to reset your display settings. 

1. If there’s a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
  2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.
  3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. 
    Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset these settings again, press the Menu button, select Settings, and then select Display & sound
    For more information on advanced display settings, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console.

If that doesn't work try using a different HDMI cable. After that try using a different HDMI port in your TV if available. If you're still having problems, try using a different TV all together. 

Hope this helps! Post back and let us know !

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.