Xbox one Not connecting to network

So, I have had this console for a couple months now with no problems. However a few days ago it suddenly forgot my network's password. So i entered it and the xbox refused to connect, saying that it was the network name and password were wrong. I tried a couple more times after checking to make sure the password WAS right but it still refused to connect. I've tried restarting it and reseting it back to its factory settings, but neither of those things worked. No i can't even play it because the thing requires an internet connection to set up and it insists that my network password is wrong. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 53 Applies to:

Hi Malice Omega, 

Sorry you're having issues connecting to your wireless network. Have you tried rebooting your router? That would be the first thing I would suggest. If you have any third party headsets also try disconnecting them before you try to connect to the wireless network. If you're still having issues try following the troubleshooter located at this link. It has MANY steps to try to resolved wireless network issues. If you're still having issues past that post back here. 

Hope this helps! 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.