Xbox One NEEDS to support interlaced formats

As 1080i is still the worldwide HD broadcasting standard, I find it shocking that the XB1 would not support it. You can say that 1080i may have some issues with blur, but I assure that they are nothing compared to the apparent blur and pixelation of something in 1080p being downscaled to 720p. My Xbox 360 at 1080i looks FAR better on my TV than my Xbox One does at 720p. The letters in the xbox home screen are obviously pixelated at 720p, as are many surfaces on game menus and within games. I tried running my satellite box through my Xbox One, but it also looks far better at 1080i than the 720p at which the XB1 displays it.

I'm sure I'm not the only loyal xbox fan who is very disappointed by Microsoft's attempt to dictate into the TV market by limiting the televisions on which their new console can be used properly. I would very much like to know from anyone at Microsoft or within the Xbox team whether it would be possible to have a patch for the Xbox One that would support interlaced formats, as well as what would have to be done to make that happen. Note, I am not looking for fellow Xbox players to speculate on this issue (or to bash anyone with an HDTV more than five years old). That said, I would love to hear from anyone else who has been affected by the Xbox One's lack of support for interlaced formats.

Thanks. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hey Cal,

I can understand and share your frustration. However these are the support forums - you may get a better response from other gamers and Microsoft (possible even a fix if it garners enough response) over at the feedback forums

The console feedback location is forums.xbox.com/.../2604.aspx

Hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.