Xbox One - Multiple issues.

Blu-ray Playback - Works fine most of the time. It has intermittent issues with being able to read Blu-ray discs. Also Random Pixelization. Occasional audio not matching lip movement. Cleaning the discs (even if not dirty) will sometimes fix the issues with Pixelization.

Home Screen - Becoming more common is not loading the complete menu (usually the pinned section) when signing in.

Force Feedback (rumbling in controller)(NOTE - the controller in question is a Day One Edition) - This just started happening today. During my first gaming session of Forza 5 today the rumbling in the controller stopped all together, was not able to restore the function during the first session. During my second gaming session today. The same thing happened (both times it was working in one race, but during the following race there was nothing). I decided to change controllers and I didn't have an issue. I switched back to the other controller (Day One Edition Controller) and it was working fine at first then it quit working in mid-race.

So far I am disappointed in this new system (I know it will get better eventually), but for $500 the system should be far beyond the BETA Testing stage!

Does anyone have any solutions for the above issues?

Is my Day One controller broken?

Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Wow! Not one reply?! DOES ANYONE HAVE SIMILAR ISSUES AS DESCRIBED ABOVE?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Change the batteries in your DOE controller... while you have the batteries out, slightly pull the contact tabs in the controller out a bit, so that the batteries fit more snug.... The rumbling can possibly fudge the connection with the batteries....

There's a good grip of threads on the controllers acting up... The above is how I fixed my DOE controller.

I haven't tried a BD movie yet... I gave all of mine to my parents when they built a home theater in their house.

I haven't witnessed the pinned stuff not loading up... Are those pinned apps dependent on internet? Or are they solely local apps(like settings app)

Sorry this didn't help.

I had green screen trouble at start. did off line update and got up and running. After that I lose my home screen (pins) too, have to repin everything. Also had a game automatically reinstall itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

At Flemdog; I don't know if it's internet dependent, they shouldn't be since most of them are from the console like games and settings.

Sorry this didn't help.

I must have missed the controller issue on the Xbox One support page. When the battery is low, the rumble feature is disabled. It makes sense, but I would prefer an battery indicator icon somewhere. I still haven't found a permanent solution for my Blu-ray issues or the Home Screen losing information.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Skorch! When you sign in on your console, how stable is your connection to Xbox Live? Your pins information is account-centric and not related to your console, so it's possible that your account is trying to update your Pins list online.

As for the Blu-ray playback, what happens when the disc fails to play? Are any of the affected discs from a different region than your console? Although games & console are physically region free, not all Blu-ray movies follow that suit too.

Sorry this didn't help.