Xbox One missing license

I received an invite from a friend to join his party while I was playing a single player game.  I accepted the invite and everything seemed to be working great.  Then I get the message, sorry COD: Ghosts took too long to start.  Not sure how it took to long to start considering I was already playing the game.  I then was taken back to the home screen where I was prompted with the option to buy COD: Ghosts from the Xbox Store because the OS didn't see that I had the game disc in the disc drive, with it already installed.  The last time this error showed up, my hard drive locked up and I had a broken Xbox One.  Luckily, my first two broken ones were within 24 hrs and I returned them Gamestop to get a third new Xbox One.  Powering off and on seemed to work but this is ridiculous that the OS(or COD software) can't transition from single player mode to multiplayer mode within the same game.  Not to mention it somehow couldn't find my license and prompted me to buy the software again from the store even though the disc was already in the drive.  So happy I spent $600 on a broken product and it's not getting better like the wonderful promise Microsoft has stated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There are things you cant do without the disc in the console. It needs to be there to verify that you actually own the game to perform updates and other tasks. Im not 100% sure this is whats causing your problem but it is very possible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the disc in the drive the whole time.  I was playing single player mode when I got the invite to play online when it told me I needed to insert the disc into the console as the license was missing.  When this happens, apparently the Xbox one quits the game, restarts the game in multiplayer mode but my xbox one never made it that far.  It said it took to long to start and I needed to insert the disc.  Again, the disc was in the drive the whole time.  Something with the OS is going wrong when it tries to join a multiplayer game from a single player mode within the same game.  This is all a guess but seems to be what is happening.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.