Xbox One mic stopped working

Today I plugged in my Xbox One mic and I can hear people threw it but no one can hear me. The mic part is broken or something. Can I send this in or is there a fix or anything?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

lol. same issue here. I think the mics were set to self destruct pending the release of the more expensive headset!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ya really this is some bull crap. Not to mention the ribbon cable on the headset also gets knotted up and tries to strangle me. They should just make a wireless headset like 360 and call it a day.

A good idea would also make it so you could have 2 headsets so two people could were them but still go threw the same player mic is u have a friend over or something. Probably sounds stupid but I hate having to hand the mic back and forth when a friend wants to say something. Also need to be able to have voice go threw the headset AND TV at the same time!

Sorry this didn't help.

Its just problems with XBOX live not your mic, I have the new stereo headset and the original headset and both I can't hear people talking.

Sorry this didn't help.

MeanKiller, I'm starting to think it's actually the controller not the headset, something to do with the connector on the controller's end. The headset's dongle is just too big. constantly plugging it in and removing it from the controller is what's causing all these mics or controllers to break. Definitely want the wireless 360 mic back!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm randomly getting similar issues with my Titanfall Controller randomly shutting off after the controller update and I can hear sound out of my new Xbox stereo headset with the headset adapter but nobody can hear me until I restart my Xbox  

Sorry this didn't help.

My day one edition controller is a brand new replacement when I put it in and didn't work today, I don't think its a hardware issue its a software issue. I hard restarted my Xbox and now works.

Sorry this didn't help.