Xbox One Mic shorting out controller.

So a numerous amount of my friends that bought an Xbox One have had the same issue I have had, every time I go to plug the mic in, the controller turns off right away, and after a few times, the controller will not turn on at all. I'm sure Microsoft will deny the fact that the issue ties in with the mic, but honestly it is, and having to send in my only controller to receive another for free, that's cool in call. But the fact that it's going to waste about a week or two of playing video games disappointments me since I just renewed my xbox live subscription. The fact that the ball was dropped hardcore and a large amount of money was used to purchase these products unfinished and faulty is disappointing and unsatisfying, and in the end all that will be done is replacing a broken item I have to wait for. Time and money completely wasted. So is the 7+ years of being a customer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 144 Applies to:

having the same issue here of controller not working or constantly disconnects when the mic is plugged in.  this seems to be a common issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.