Xbox One Mic Not Working Anymore?

So ive had my xbox one since launch till now the mic is not working in the sense i cant talk to people without having to hold or adjust the cord in a certain angle. It was working fine yesterday night now today around the afternoon ive had to tape my mics wire in certain way to get it to work. Was wondering if anyone had the same problem and or a fix yet, i also had the same problem with the xbox360 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 132 Applies to:

The XBox mikes have always been crap.  I dont see the new ones being any different.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey SoGrimey66,

It sounds like the headset is defective if you have to hold it in a funny way and stand on one foot. Are you sure that it is plugged in correctly into the controller? Also have you ensured that the controller is properly synced to your console? Where did you purchase the console from?

Reach back and let us know your setup before having to reach out to phone support to request a repair/replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

1.its been like a week since this happen and still in the same condition, ive messed around with it since then and found the only way to use it is like how i said in OP

2.I bought a Day One Ed at my local best buy, couldn't afford a protection plan either so ive been really careful with my console and accessories

Sorry this didn't help.