Xbox One Mic and Xbox One Bundles

Hi guys,

I just wanted to take a moment and see if anyone else had similar opinions or concerns about the Xbox One. I wanted to start by stating that the Xbox One will not be including a wired mic with the console. This may not seem like a huge deal for certain individuals, but the thing is most core and hardcore gamers prefer using a wired or wireless mic rather than kinect to chat while gaming online. I know Microsoft is trying hard to push the new kinect onto the mainstream gaming scene; the only problem with that is Microsoft seems to overlook and not take into consideration that many gamers would prefer that Xbox One did not include the kinect and instead just the basics that we have grown accustom to-controller, mic, wires, and the console. I'm not here to bash on the Xbox One, since I do prefer that console over the ps4. However, I would love to see Microsoft give us gamers and supporters the option to choose the Xbox One with or without the kinect. Additionally, the price of either "bundle" should correlate to  what is being included; to clarify, a bundle without the kinect should be cheaper than the one with kinect, which will be quite satisfying for everyone. Also, if you look at both the Xbox One and ps4s' specs, the ps4 is overall a stronger gaming console and for Xbox One to cost more as well as remove certain items that should be included with the system is unfair to the Xbox community. We all deserve to have choices and Microsoft needs to remember that.  In the end, Microsoft is a great company and I know they'll listen to us, so guys if you want to see change or any of these suggestions become reality I urge you to speak up loud and clear, so they can hear us! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

There's no way I'm using Kinect for my mic. I'll have to fork out for some new Turtle Beach's or something similar..

What you are talking about here is the 360, the 360 is so 2005. If the xbox supporters wish to have a really incredible next gen console then we must earn to accept change whether it be bad or good. If we talk the 360 as an example; Microsoft made some real risks back then by including a broadband connection (which, back then was a new thing) and arcade games but just look at them now. I have complete and utter confidence that whatever microsft have planned for kinect will be a beneficial plan for all.

[quote user="Dangerous Alan"]

There's no way I'm using Kinect for my mic. I'll have to fork out for some new Turtle Beach's or something similar..

[/quote]Meh.  I've heard some realy bad things about turtle Beach's.  If M$ puts out a separate headset of their own I'll take theirs temporarily until we see some real headsets come out, surround sound because I don't think my Tritton Audio WarHead wil be any use to me on XBox One.  Hopefully they come out with a good equivilent soon.

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]

[quote user="Dangerous Alan"]

[/quote]Meh.  I've heard some realy bad things about turtle Beach's.  If M$ puts out a separate headset of their own I'll take theirs temporarily until we see some real headsets come out, surround sound because I don't think my Tritton Audio WarHead wil be any use to me on XBox One.  Hopefully they come out with a good equivilent soon.

[/quote]MS is releasing a mic for the 1.  You have to buy it separate however.

Currently they are not including a Mic in the box. they did however change it so NONE of your current headsets will work thus forcing you to buy a new one...

but at the low entry fee of 499.99 you should have tons of cash extra to buy a headset then be sure to get a plug and play and some games.
But seriously expect them to announce that a headset will come in the box before launch and fans will be like OMG MS is awesome.

Doesn't kinect have a mic?

it has a speaker phone but not a headset.

Microsoft is putting out adapters for the xbox 360 chat headsets to work on Xbox One. I am not sure but I think that would work for Turtle Beaches too. The only adapter needed is for the controller. so I am hoping one adapter will adapt all chat lines into the controller. I love my X41s and I really hope I can use them long into the next gen. They have been working like a champ for 3+ years and I hope they continue to do so!

Everyone complaining about the headsets..... lol...... don't you have something better to do?