Xbox One Melted.

I Purchased an Xbox One Day One Edition on release date.

Since then i have played on my console around 3-4 times.

On the 8th February 2014 i went to play on my console, upon going to enter the disk i noticed that the case has Beveled/Melted and it was Extremely hot.

I Immediately Called Microsoft to let them know what had happened, that i had gone to play on my console, noticed the case, that the console was extreme hot etc and they told me to Disconnect everything immediately and requested some pictures of the console.

I then emailed pictures of my console to the agent and she also agreed that the console had Beveled/Melted that wanted it to be investigated, and told me she'd get back to me the next day.

i received an email the next day from her stating that she was having technical problems and that she couldn't call me back and requested i call them and give them my reference number.

i called, gave the man my reference number and he asked me some questions about, who was playing on it, what happened etc and then checked the photos that i emailed them, again. he agreed that the console had Beveled/Melted and that it needed Replacing and Investigating.

He then set up a Replacement for me, and said that under the circumstances i would receive a completely new Xbox One Day One Edition as they needed everything that was connected to my console at the time and that it would take some time to investigate the cause.

On the 13th February the Delivery Van collected my Xbox one and took it away.

i then called about a week later asking what was going on with my console as i was told i'd receive a replacement once they received my console (by now they had had my console for 5-6 days) and he said there was no information on what was going on and that it hadn't even been checked into the service center yet.

So i said Okay, and left it at that as he said they'd email me with updates of what is going on.

the next day i received an email from someone named "Justin" (Somehow this Email was from Australia, contained the Australian Xbox Support number and everything) Saying that he had taken a look at my console and refused to take a look at my console because it has been "Tampered with" and that my console would be sent back to me.

Once i received this email, obviously i was not happy and i called Microsoft about them accusing me of Tampering with my Console, i saved for 6 Months to buy this console and they're accusing me of Tampering with it, why would i do such a thing? I Reported it to Microsoft because it was a Serious issue and could have burnt my house down.

They then took a look at the photos i had emailed them previously and also agreed that it had indeed Beveled/Melted and that could be the cause of why it looks like it has been tampered with. he then went to speak to his Supervisor and said that the Supervisor will call me back in 5 minutes.

So i waited, and around 10 Minutes later the Supervisor called me back, He said he had taken a look at the photos and that he could see that the console had Beveled/Melted and that he would request a full report from the Repair center to see why they have accused me of tampering with the console and that if the report said it had overheated he would do everything he could to have the problem fixed. he then said he'd called tomorrow after getting the report.

So tomorrow came, and i waited for a phone call, and he eventually called and said that it would take a while to get the report and that he would call me back next week. So i said Okay again, and waited for him to call me back.

He never called me back so i then called Microsoft, Gave them the reference number again, explained everything, they looked at the pictures, saw what the problem was, and then when i asked to speak to the Supervisor to see if he had the report i was told "I am the supervisor" (First time it was a Man, this time it was a Woman) So i told them about the other Supervisor and that he said he'd get the reports and such, and she said that no one had requested any reports or anything.

By now i was very Angry and she requested that she call me back at 5pm. So again, i agreed and she called back at 5pm stating that there is nothing i can do to fight this and that what the Repair team says goes and there is no going against them. So i argued with her again and she said she'd speak to some people and call me back tomorrow, she did just that and said there is nothing she can do and that the only thing i can possibly do is write a letter of complaint to microsoft.

So here i am, with a £420 Melted Xbox One Paperweight sitting on my Desk, all i request is that my console be Replaced with a Non-Melting Console so that i can play my Games, i have received games for my Birthday, Pre-ordered Games (Titanfall, Metal Gear Solid etc) and i can't use them at all.

The console turns on and such, however it could have burnt my house down so there is no way i'm even going to attempt to play games on it, even microsoft said it was a fire hazard and yet they send it back to me?

Here are some Pictures of my console along with the letter i received accusing me of Tampering with my console

http://imgur.com/a/wOLTO

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 264 Applies to:

I love the fact the letter was signed off by the Xbox Customer SERVICE team! I feel for you man!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I believe on the inside of the console, there is a security tape.  When it warped, it probably broke that tape as well.  That's probably why they said you tampered with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

But Support won't do anything about it, they said what the repair team says goes and because they said it's been tampered with there is absolutely nothing at all i can do about it.

it has quite clearly beveled/melted and every single person i've spoken to when i've called has even agreed with the pictures and what is going on but none of them can do anything.

i was told to write a letter of complaint to microsoft and that is all i can do.

Pretty Disgusting how i've been treated considering it could have burnt my house down

Sorry this didn't help.

If you truly did not alter or tamper with it in any way, then I would get in touch with Major Nelson - he has been known to help in extreme cases. His twitter is @majornelson

Sorry this didn't help.

a friend suggested i did that too, so after creating this thread i created a twitter account and also tweeted him, but he hasn't replied.

twitter.com/.../441013009599586304

Sorry this didn't help.

Sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, I had to do this with Microsoft nice, I had 3 different reps call me trying to make amends for their wrong doing.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the Info MeanKiller, gonna give Trading Standards a call in the morning and report it.

Been over a month now and Microsoft just don't care, my house could have burnt down if i had not noticed it.

Sorry this didn't help.